Lemon peel, also known as Citrus limon, is the outer skin of the lemon fruit and is rich in nutrients and antioxidants. It has a number of potential skin care benefits, including: *
- Brightening the skin: Lemon peel contains vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant that can help to brighten the skin and even out the skin tone.
- Exfoliating the skin: Lemon peel has mild exfoliating properties, which can help to remove dead skin cells and improve the texture of the skin.
- Reducing the appearance of acne scars: Some studies have suggested that lemon peel may be effective in reducing the appearance of acne scars.
- Reducing oil production: Lemon peel has astringent properties, which can help to reduce excess oil production in the skin and reduce the risk of acne breakouts.
- Boosting collagen production: Lemon peel contains antioxidants and vitamins that may help to stimulate collagen production in the skin, which can help to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Honey has a moisturizing effect on your skin (2). When mixed with lemon juice, it keeps your skin soft and bright. You Will Need 1 tablespoon organic honey 1 teaspoon lemon juice 1 tablespoon water
Dilute the lemon juice with water in a bowl. Mix honey in it and spread the mixture on a cleansed face. Keep it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water. Repeat 2-3 times a week.