What are the benefits of using Lemon peel for skin care?
Lemon peel, also known as Citrus limon, is the outer skin of the lemon fruit and is rich in nutrients and antioxidants. It has a number of potential skin care benefits, including: *
- Brightening the skin: Lemon peel contains vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant that can help to brighten the skin and even out the skin tone.
- Exfoliating the skin: Lemon peel has mild exfoliating properties, which can help to remove dead skin cells and improve the texture of the skin.
- Reducing the appearance of acne scars: Some studies have suggested that lemon peel may be effective in reducing the appearance of acne scars.
- Reducing oil production: Lemon peel has astringent properties, which can help to reduce excess oil production in the skin and reduce the risk of acne breakouts.
- Boosting collagen production: Lemon peel contains antioxidants and vitamins that may help to stimulate collagen production in the skin, which can help to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Honey has a moisturizing effect on your skin (2). When mixed with lemon juice, it keeps your skin soft and bright. You Will Need 1 tablespoon organic honey 1 teaspoon lemon juice 1 tablespoon water
Dilute the lemon juice with water in a bowl. Mix honey in it and spread the mixture on a cleansed face. Keep it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water. Repeat 2-3 times a week.