Gram flour, also known as chickpea flour or besan, is a type of flour made from ground chickpeas. It has a number of potential skin care benefits, including:
- Exfoliating the skin: Gram flour has mild exfoliating properties, which can help to remove dead skin cells and improve the texture of the skin.
- Brightening the skin: Gram flour may help to brighten the skin and even out the skin tone.
- Absorbing excess oil: Gram flour has oil-absorbing properties, which can help to control excess oil production in the skin and reduce the risk of acne breakouts.
- Reducing the appearance of acne scars: Some studies have suggested that gram flour may be effective in reducing the appearance of acne scars.
- Soothing the skin: Gram flour has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to soothe irritated or inflamed skin.
“If you have oily skin, mix an equal portion of besan and yogurt together for glowing skin. For those with dry skin, use raw milk rather than yogurt.” Let’s take a look at the best besan packs to make at home: