After a chemical peel, it's important to follow certain post-treatment care instructions to promote healing and minimize the risk of complications. Here are some general guidelines to follow:
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 every day. This will help protect your skin from harmful UV rays and minimize the risk of pigmentation changes.
- Avoid using certain skincare products or treatments for at least a few days after the peel, including retinoids, alpha-hydroxy acids, and other exfoliants. Your skincare professional or dermatologist will provide specific instructions on what to avoid and for how long.
- Keep your skin moisturized to promote healing and prevent dryness or flaking. Your skincare professional or dermatologist may recommend a specific moisturizer or provide other post-treatment care instructions.
- Avoid picking at or scratching your skin, as this can increase the risk of scarring or infection.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or activities that cause excessive sweating for at least 48 hours after the peel.
Follow any other specific post-treatment care instructions provided by your skincare professional or dermatologist, such as using a specific cleanser or toner.
By following these post-treatment care instructions, you can help ensure the best possible results from your chemical peel and minimize the risk of complications.