If your acne is not responding to treatment, there are several steps you can take:
- Review your skincare routine: Make sure you are using the right products for your skin type and not over-cleansing or using harsh products that could be making your acne worse.
- See a dermatologist: A dermatologist can help you find the cause of your acne and recommend the best course of treatment, which may include prescription medications or topical treatments.
- Evaluate your diet: Eating a diet high in processed foods, sugar, and dairy can contribute to acne breakouts. Consider making changes to your diet and eating more whole, nutrient-dense foods.
- Reduce stress: Stress can trigger acne breakouts, so finding ways to manage stress, such as through exercise, meditation, or therapy, can help improve your skin.
- Be patient: Acne can take time to respond to treatment, so it's important to be patient and follow your dermatologist's recommendations. If you have tried multiple treatments and are not seeing improvement, it may be time to consider a referral to a specialist.