If you have sensitive skin, there are several foods you can focus on incorporating into your diet to support your skin health during the summer months. Here are some examples:
- Leafy greens: Leafy greens like spinach and kale are rich in antioxidants, which can help protect your skin from environmental stressors that can cause irritation and inflammation.
- Berries: Berries like blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries are packed with antioxidants and vitamin C, which can help promote collagen production and support skin health.
- Fish: Fatty fish like salmon and tuna are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce inflammation and support skin health.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds like almonds, walnuts, and chia seeds are rich in vitamin E and other antioxidants, which can help protect your skin from oxidative stress and promote healthy skin function.
- Avocado: Avocado is rich in healthy fats and antioxidants, which can help nourish your skin and protect it from damage.
In addition to these foods, it's also important to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and other hydrating beverages, like herbal tea or coconut water. Keeping your skin moisturized with a gentle, fragrance-free moisturizer can also help prevent irritation and dryness.