What are the common symptoms of acne?
The common symptoms of acne include the following:
- Blackheads: small, dark-colored bumps that appear on the skin due to clogged hair follicles.
- Whiteheads: small, white bumps that appear on the skin due to clogged hair follicles.
- Papules: small, red bumps that are tender to the touch and can be caused by inflamed hair follicle.
- Pustules: small, red bumps that contain pus and can be caused by infected hair follicles.
- Nodules: large, hard bumps that form under the skin and can be painful.
- Cysts: large, fluid-filled lumps that can be painful and can cause scarring if not treated properly.
In addition to these physical symptoms, acne can also cause emotional distress and low self-esteem in those affected by it.