The common causes of sensitive skin include:
- Genetics: Some people may inherit a genetic predisposition to sensitive skin.
- Environmental factors: Exposure to harsh environmental factors such as pollution, wind, and sun can cause skin irritation.
- Chemicals: Exposure to certain chemicals found in skincare products, detergents, or cosmetics can cause skin irritation and sensitivity.
- Allergens: Allergens such as dust, pollen, and pet dander can cause an allergic reaction in some people, leading to sensitive skin.
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during puberty, pregnancy, or menopause can cause sensitive skin.
- Medical conditions: Medical conditions such as eczema, rosacea, or psoriasis can cause sensitive skin.
- Stress: Stress can weaken the immune system and increase inflammation, leading to sensitive skin.
- Medications: Certain medications can cause skin sensitivity as a side effect.