There are several natural remedies and supplements that may help soothe sensitive skin during the summer:
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties and can help soothe and cool irritated skin. You can apply fresh aloe vera gel directly to your skin or look for skincare products that contain aloe vera.
- Chamomile: Chamomile has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and may help soothe irritated skin. You can make chamomile tea and use it as a compress on your skin, or look for skincare products that contain chamomile extract.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties and can help soothe and calm irritated skin. You can make a paste with oatmeal and water and apply it to your skin, or look for skincare products that contain colloidal oatmeal.
- Probiotics: Probiotics can help support the health of your gut microbiome, which is linked to the health of your skin. Consuming probiotic-rich foods like yogurt or taking a probiotic supplement may help improve the health of your skin.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an antioxidant that can help protect your skin from free radical damage and may help reduce inflammation. You can consume vitamin C-rich foods like citrus fruits, strawberries, and bell peppers, or take a vitamin C supplement.
It's important to note that natural remedies and supplements may not work for everyone and may not be appropriate for all skin types.