Mulethi, also known as licorice or Glycyrrhiza glabra, is a plant that has been used for centuries in traditional medicine and cooking. It has a number of potential skin care benefits, including: *
- Antioxidant properties: Mulethi is rich in antioxidants, which can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Mulethi has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce redness and swelling in the skin.
- Brightening effects: Mulethi may help to brighten the skin and even out the skin tone.
- Acne treatment: Mulethi has been traditionally used to treat acne, and some studies have suggested that it may be effective in reducing the severity of acne.
- **Sun protection: **Some research suggests that mulethi may have sun protective properties, which can help to reduce the risk of skin cancer and other sun-related skin damage.
A mulethi face pack for acne-prone skin that is made using mulethi as the main ingredient and is designed to help treat acne. To make a mulethi face pack, you can mix together mulethi powder, water, and a few drops of tea tree oil to create a paste. Then, apply the paste to your face and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. You can use a mulethi face pack once or twice a week to help improve the appearance and health of your skin.