Ubtan is a traditional skin care product used in India and other parts of South Asia. It is typically made from a mixture of natural ingredients such as turmeric, gram flour, milk, and sandalwood, and is believed to have a number of benefits for the skin. Some of the benefits of ubtan include:
- Exfoliation: Ubtan helps to remove dead skin cells, revealing smoother, brighter skin.
- Brightening: The ingredients in ubtan, such as turmeric and saffron, can help to lighten the skin and reduce pigmentation.
- Anti-aging: The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of some of the ingredients in ubtan can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and delay the signs of aging.
- Acne-fighting: Ubtan can help to clear up acne and prevent breakouts.
- Moisturizing: Some of the ingredients in ubtan, such as milk and yogurt, can help to hydrate and moisturize the skin.
Ubtan is applied on the skin and then left for a period of time before being washed off. This traditional remedy is usually used for bridal preparation, as an alternative to chemical peels and scrubs.