Here is a natural approach to properly detangling hair:
- Start with freshly washed, damp hair that is coated in a leave-in conditioner.
- Use a wide-tooth comb or a detangling brush to gently work through the tangles, starting from the ends and working your way up to the roots.
- Avoid pulling or yanking at tangles, as this can cause further damage and breakage.
- If you encounter a particularly stubborn tangle, use your fingers to gently separate the hair and then continue with the comb or brush.
- For curly or coily hair, consider using a finger-detangling method to minimize breakage.
- Repeat the process until all tangles are removed.
- Style as desired.
It's important to be gentle when detangling and to avoid over-manipulating or brushing the hair too often, as this can also lead to breakage.